The World Bank are a multilateral organisation, and a large source of grant based financing for government development related work. They currently have seven active projects in Sierra Leone, spanning health, social security, and governance:
- Decentralized Service Delivery Program II,
- Sierra Leone – Reproductive and Child Health Phase 2 ACGF,
- SL Public Sector Pay & Performance,
- Sierra Leone Safety Nets Project,
- Health Service Delivery & System Support Project,
- Social Safety Nets Additional Financing,
- Strengthening Community Mobilization and Local Council Service Delivery in the Post-Ebola Context.
They have completed a further 33 projects in the country to date. Details on all of the World Bank’s past projects in Sierra Leone are available here.